Officially and with gratitude, I wish you all a glorious 2017! This is my first post of 2017 and as I look at the date, this month is sailing by! I hope you took some time to enjoy your holidays and that you have been able to focus on your direction for this year. On Friday, January 13, I had the unique privilege to guest host The Networking Diva Hour with Janiece Carlson. To listen to the full show, click here. Janiece and her listeners are embarking on a Year of Gratitude – one of which I was honored to kick-off as her first co-host of 2017.
For a great many, 2016 was a tough year. While there’s no getting around it, we don’t have to continue to focus on it. So many of us find great solace and relief when we are able to remove the current calendar from the wall and put up a fresh, full, crisp display of potential. Out with the old and in with the new!
In the United States of America, we completed an election year that left most confused and bewildered, seeking guidance and support from everywhere except the primary location it should come from. It’s hard to support an elected official you don’t respect; especially when they’ve shown you at every turn that they are a walking, talking, demonstration of hatred and selfishness. That is not my opinion – that is a fact. What I will offer you, as my contribution of guidance and support for you (as well as myself in this very odd, often difficult situation) is a challenge.
As we know, nothing happens by accident. There are no coincidences. On a universal level, what has transpired and what continues to transpire is not just happening to Americans; it’s happening to the world. Americans are not on Earth alone, while it often feels that way given our geography and social programming – what we see and are exposed to via mainstream Media. My challenge is to open your minds with me. Let’s wonder why this course is the one we’re navigating. What significance will come to light via the actions of those in the spotlight? #45 knows he is despised because of his hatred and self-serving ways, but it is his narcissism that will deflect and defer all negative attention spewed at him, therefore it makes no sense to spend more of our lives aimed at tearing him down, or anyone else for that matter.
“He who angers you, conquers you.” – Elizabeth Kenny
After two months of processing the continued reactions and actions of the Citizens of The United States of America, I have the following unbiased, impartial observation to share:
- Hate + Hate = Hate
- Hate cannot be combatted with hate. It just creates more hate. No one is able to entertain a different way of thinking, perhaps one of love, if everyone is focused on hating.
- Hate + Love = Choices
- When hate is met with love, it doesn’t necessarily surrender but its impact does dissipate. The conversation changes. It is no longer about someone hating something and someone else hating that someone supports something different than they do.
- Stop hating – period.
- The only way that this great, big world of ours is ever going to get and stay better is if we stop hating altogether. Hate is taught, it is not inherent. Hate is not genetic, but it is passed down from generation to generation. You have a choice and by choosing to replace hate with ignorance or love, you break the cycle of demonic behavioral infection that has gripped too many for too long.
- Change the conversation by your actions
- Stop violent protests. By all means, protest! But be responsible and be respectful of others and keep your cool. Say what you have to say and represent what you feel but be civil! Stop rioting and setting things on fire. Stop taking our police officers and firefighters away from their families so you can march down the street, yelling at the top of your register. Yes, it feels good to be heard, but it feels even better to do something about how you feel. I keep hearing, “I’m just so angry – I’m so upset – how can people support such hatred?”
Are you against hatred? Then demonstrate love! TAKE ACTION! GIVE LOVE!
Go pay your blessings forward by actively and noticeably treating others with love – no matter who they voted for or side with. We are all affected, we all matter and if we don’t unite WITH GRATITUDE for everything else in our lives, then hatred wins.
Are you going to allow hatred to overtake and consume you and your life?
Come on! Get your friends to actively give love. Get your kids to actively give love.
LEAD BY EXAMPLE. Go sit next to someone who is persecuted by the Media and find out who they are and LEARN about them and how they contribute to your community.
Wear your safety pin and be a beacon of light and love and be welcoming when someone looks like they may need your help or a friend.(Tip – if you don’t want to keep putting holes in your clothes, close the pin and at any craft store you can buy very small, flat, round magnets which you can use a backing for the inside of your shirt or blouse. Wear your safety pin like a name tag.)
“Do unto others…” right? People! This isn’t hard. This is how we’re inherently wired and it’s high time to get back to the core of who we are. We are human beings, we are all here together, we are all here to coexist and to get better, together.
The time for happiness is NOW.
The time for joy is ALWAYS.
The time for you to create your ultimate life, has come. Join me! We’ll do it TOGETHER!
Johnny Bergstrom, Msc.D, AMDA
The Gratitude Guru, Johnny Bergstrom, Msc.D, is a Doctor of Metaphysics, Enlightened Master and Member of the American Metaphysical Doctors Association.
©Global Gratitude Group. 2017. All Rights Reserved.